Touchstone's Merriment

Welcome to this Bardolist's glimpse to our multi-layered universe.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Much Ado About Nothing

I'm really not too sure how I feel about Bloom's take on nihilist view of the play. Ok, maybe I do. I really don't care for it. Guess I've never really overly thought about this play. Maybe that's because, maybe that Bloom is correct. On some level, and one not very much below the surface, this play could be construed to be about nothing. Hence the title right? Thing is the dialogue is just fantastic. I can always picture Shakespeare and Jonson going back and forth at some pub as Will's source for the quick wit of these lines. It does take a great group of actors to successfully pull this off, and saddly I do have yet to see such a collection of individuals. There is always hope though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home